Thursday, August 1, 2013

HMS Temeraire WIP continued

Managed to get some more work done on the Temeraire. Didn't do much weathering on the sails as it's my first build and didn't want to screw it up.
Most of the time spent since was on getting the rigging done. It's not as complicated as I thought it would be but neither was it an easy process. But I enjoyed getting the rigging all done up.
What is needed most during this process is a bucket-load of patience. The fishing thread that I got was supposed to be single thread but experience has shown me that it's not. If you look carefully at my rigging you'll be able to spot some split threads. Also liquid super glue and accelerator is really helpful. Even then you need to make sure to give it sufficient time to dry. After a few disasters and re-rigging, I decided to be on the safe side and allowed every spot to truly dry before carefully cutting the excess thread.
She should be ready for the high seas by this weekend :)

Thanks for tuning in :)


  1. Looking good! Anyone who fully rigs one of those Langtons deserves a big well done!

  2. Thanks Vladdd. I must say the effort was worth it seeing the ship all done :)

  3. Hi On the subject of rigging. Ordinary cotton thread will do. But you must run it over a wacs candel. Just keep your cotton thread between your thumb and the candel and pull 2 or 3 times till it it nicely coated.